Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Power Lords Are Here! Kinda.

http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/

So the power Lords are here, kind of. If you watch Cake Boss you will remember the episode we did earlier this season when Jim and Eric from Four horsemen design came by the bakery to order a cake to promote the  relaunch of the early 1980s toy line the Power Lords. Buddy's sister Mary and I took the case and we made a really cool volcano playset cake with bubbling edible lava! I was really excited about working on this one because I got to deliver the cake personally to the four horsemen's Toypocalypse Toy Show at Toy Tokyo in Manhattan. While I was there I got to meet the incomparable Wayne Barlowe, who was super cool and just a little out of his mind.

On to the figures themselves, the Horsemen are rolling out two variants of the Lord Power figure which were originally available at Powercon this week. Wayne's designs and Eric's sculpting mesh beautifully to make some really stunning looking figures. I'm a Huge fan of the color schemes of these two and I really dig the neat helmets that they are sporting. I'll definitely be grabbing a pair for my own collection, when they go on sale tomorrow.

Probably one of the most fun aspect of this new release is that the figures use the Glyos play system, which means that all of the parts are interchangeable with not only other figures from the Power Lords line, but are also interchangeable with the Glyos toy line from Onell design , as well as the 4H's Outer Space Men line, and the Weaponeers of Monkaa line from spy monkey creations.

If you're a fan of Cake Boss or science fiction or just neat little toy guys, I seriously recommend checking these out. There Will be more to comein the future. Maybe I'll review them when I get mine in the mail.

Until later, I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment